Sunday, February 12, 2012

Accesories Organizer

This project required a lesson on the use of some power tools :) I was able to use the circular saw and power drill. After the initial shock wore off I was all for the use of some good machinery to get any job done! ha.

I was excited when I picked up some cute knobs from Goodwill and finished off the collection with some random ones from Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby has a wall-0-knobs and they are usually on sale (SCORE!)

I am totally into the red and robin's egg blue color scheme for whatever reason. It is no where to be seen in my house so I'm afraid this little number will have to hide in my closet but it was fun to make nonetheless :) After I drilled the holes I did add a bit of E6000 glue in the holes so the knob would stay secure and George (Deren, my husband, I refer to him as George a lot) will have to shave off the back of the knobs with his dremmel because they do stick out farther than the wood does. Hopefully when you get your supplies you pick up a thick enough piece of wood that this doesn't happen to you. I just tend to use the supplies I have lying around my house so I make do!

Finish product....

0 comments: