Saturday, January 14, 2012

DIY Memo Board

I want to start off by saying, I TRULY began making this before pinterest ate them up. My mom found the idea in some DIY magazine (I forget which one) and thus began our love for recycled frames from Goodwill. (and candlesticks, vases, and plates oh my!)

Sidenote, I seriously think Goodwill is my favorite store. After target of course! Yes, Meghan, I know, I know, I always used to complain when you wanted to thrift shop but I just didn't foresee myself becoming an old lady 'crafter' in my mid-twenties.

Here is one of my recent DIY dry erase memo boards. All I need is spray paint, fabric, and a staple gun. Thank GOODNESS I got a staple gun for Christmas :)

BEFORE....

AFTER!

The cork board was a gift from my mother-in-law...she knew her old bulletin board she had made for 4H when she was younger had some great potential. For this craft, I did have to buy glass from Lowes. No biggy though, it was a large, odd sized piece and it was still under $12. Plus, they cut glass for free!

0 comments: