Thursday, May 24, 2012

yo-yos and tank tops

When I was a little girl growing up I always remember my mom with a needle and thread in her hand...or a seam ripper, or a scissors, or knitting needles. That woman can make ANYTHING! Then a few weeks ago I saw a pin on Pinterest on how to up-cycle old tank tops with fabric flowers, jewels, buttons, or yo-yo's.

I remember my mom sometimes making these and thought I needed to learn. So I found myself a tutorial on how to make fabric yo-yos. SO easy! The trick is definitely cutting your circle of fabric large and in charge so when you tighten the thread it won't shrink down to an itsy bitsy yo-yo.

I was able to learn in about 10 minutes then I was able to upcycle a rarely used tank top. Just in time for the hot summer months in Kansas City!  

**the gray is the yo-yo and the pink/yellow one is a fabric flower

0 comments: